Friday, January 29, 2010

To the sTochAstiC rhythm...

I'm a little tempered with it being 7:21pm on Friday evening and I find myself still in the lab. I have a pair of gloves on my hand typing these random thoughts on a contaminated computer that might have infectious particles festering all over it...while allowing my cells to incubate with the proper antibodies to fluorescently label the proper cellular markers that give me the answer to the questions we ask for the plethora of patients in our cohort. I haven't written in a long time, and I felt compelled to write during this 15 minute period. February 11th will be the two year anniversary for me being employed with the Aaron Diamond AIDS Research Center. I'm surrounded by intelligent, supportive, and inquisitive scientists, physicians, and technicians. I'm very appreciative, but know that I need to go back to school and embark upon a journey on my own accord--translation; I need to conduct my own research, design and carry out my own project from start to finish, and more. I need more...I wish I could divulge even more, but my timer just when off. Back to the lab.

No comments: